7.6.12

Fab Find: Shop Terrain

Each year, as the spring gives way to the summer, my desire to develop my green thumb grows right along with the skyrocketing temps.  I tend to daydream about all of the fabulous things that I would do with my yard... The reality is that I am usually only able to plant flowers in the most essential containers... by the front door, and the 6 very big empty planters that we inherited with the house.  As the years pass and my daughter's get older, gardening becomes easier and easier.  I am thinking that one of these days, I might actually plant the garden that I have always wanted.

There is a point to this story, I promise!  During my weekend in Westport, CT a few weeks ago, I stumbled upon the most amazing garden center/home/lifestyle store... Terrain.  We drove by this store several times throughout the weekend, and every time I just stared.  It just had a very cool vibe and the plants were so beautiful... I couldn't stand it anymore, I had to go in!

As my husband and I wandered around in awe, I said to him that it felt like an Anthropologie for the home and garden.  Sure enough, it was.  It is the latest from the genius behind Urban Outfitters.  First BLHDN and now Terrain.  As it turned out, the store had just opened.  There is one other Terrain in PA, near the UO headquarters.  I did find out that the PA store has been open for several years... who knew?!


The flowers are gorgeous, the planters are of the style that I had always wanted, there are vases, dishes, furniture, books... you name it.  Feeling hungry?  There is also a cafe!  Oh, and if you needed to shop for yourself as well, there are scarves, jewelry and handbags.  It just might be the most perfect store.


There is one problem, it is a bit expensive.  How could it be this beautiful and not be, I guess...


Whether you visit the store/website for inspiration or a purchase, you must check it out.


They did such a good job setting up the outside.  I would have loved to find a little spot and curl up with a book.




One thing is for sure, this is a great concept.  This store left me with a very strong desire to work very hard on my yard.  One of my favorite finds... the Moss Milkshake.  The perfect recipe for growing moss where grass won't grow (packaged in a milk carton!).... love it!

             
                                                                                                                    - Allison



No comments:

Post a Comment