15.2.12

NYFW: Lesson 3


Cobalt Blue.  This is a color that is not going away anytime soon.  It is having a major moment this spring, which will continue into the fall.  The positives of this color far outweigh it's brightness.  Pairing this hue adds an element of fun, it looks good on everyone and adds a modern chicness to any ensemble.

I love cobalt blue with dark jeans or navy.  It looks exceptional with animal print, and is fun with orange or teal.  When pairing it with black, keep it edgy or add some white.  Otherwise the blue/black combo can get a bit tired looking.   If you are unsure of actually wearing this color, definitely invest in some accessories.  You can't go wrong with cobalt blue.

I have not yet added any cobalt to my wardrobe, but I am crushing on these three pieces...

Tory Burch Robinson Satchel... I could literally wear it with everything!


Nine West Love Fury Pumps... they are not Jimmy Choo's, but cute enough!



J.Crew Teddy Dress... I am dying to wear with leopard print heels and skimmers!


Cobalt as seen on the runways at NYFW...

Prabal Gurung
Zero + Maria Cornejo
J.Crew
Rachel Zoe

Zero + Maria Cornejo

For more on my love affair with blue... an oldie but goodie - True Blue.
                                         - Allison
*Photos courtesy of toryburch.com, ninewest.com, jcrew.com and nymag.com.


No comments:

Post a Comment