10.2.12

The LWD (little white dress)

My LWD look was inspired by the fact that I was attending a toga party in February.  It's a long story.  

Back to my dress, I wasn't really feeling the toga vibe, so I wore my LWD instead.  First I have been dying to wear this Tibi Mod Shift Dress (I had to purchase it after my post on Shifts - thank you NM gift card!).  When spending more money on a dress, I hem and haw over it for weeks.  I think about all of the different ways that I can wear it... I have to have a bunch. Usually the deciding factor is if I can wear it all year, or at least for 3 seasons.  This shift definitely met and exceeded all of my criteria.  It is a-mah-zing!  The fabric, the fit and the fact that you feel like a million bucks... totally worth it!



Besides the obvious choice of black for shoes and accessories there is animal print, python print, pastels, brights, metallics... it is literally like wearing blank canvas.  The possibilities are endless!  I have already planned my next ensemble... my fur "collar" and my brown riding boots... c'est chic.  I just have to wait for the dress to come back from the cleaners.  Note to self - the LWD is not the best choice to wear to an Italian restaurant.

                                          - Allison


1 comment: