9.2.12

The Robert Rodriguez Top = Love at First Sight

It's not that often that I find a top that I cannot stop looking at.  Literally, I find myself clicking on the link once every hour or so, just to look gaze at it.  I click on the different views as I rest my chin on my hand and think about all the different ways that I would wear it... sigh.

This top that I am so taken with is none other than the Robert Rodriguez V-Neck Cascade Top.  It is a coral and pale pink colorblock silk top with an asymmetrical hem.  In other words fresh, edgy and just plain pretty.  Some of you might be scared off by the uneven hem, but I want to you to embrace it.  It adds so much interest to your look, and gives the appearance of being quite hip without much effort!

I love the idea that I could wear this under a chunky knit sweater with my skinnies and tall boots for daytime, and then switch the jeans and boots for a pair of longer flare jeans, heels and a fur chubby for a night out.  It doesn't stop there.  This top could also be worn in a more sophisticated manner...

First the top... gorgeous.




I am going to include another crush I have this spring... the Blur Distressed Leather Jacket.


You can't forget your animal print pumps... this pair of Rupert Sanderson pumps are beautiful.

Go casual cool with distressed boyfriend jeans... True Religion Cameron Boyfriend Jeans.


Office ready with a chic pencil skirt...  No. 2 Pencil Skirt.



Classically chic with wide leg trousers... No. 21 Trousers.


Other pieces to wear with this top would include various blazers/jackets, colorful pumps, floral pencil skirts (even a tweed) and don't forget python accents (not to be combined with animal print pumps).  Believe me, there are lots of options!  Do you think I have justified my anticipated purchase of this top?  Hmmm...

                                                                                                        - Allison
*Photos courtesy neimanmarcus.com, shopbop.com, freepeople.com, jcrew.com, mytheresa.com.














No comments:

Post a Comment