22.5.12

Outfit Idea: Dressing Up Shorts and more...

Hump day, already?  Where did the time go?  The past week had been such a whirlwind!  I was hoping to be able to share some experiences day-by-day, but after a visit from Mimi (AKA my very chic mom, Patty), an adventure in dressmaking, attending the most beautiful wedding ever and exploring the Fairfield, Westport, Southport area of Connecticut... I just didn't even have a chance to touch my computer for the last 5 days.  This might be a first for me...

To begin, last week I had promised an outfit idea for dressing up shorts.  I finally got the chance to do this on Friday night.  I attended a very fun get-together the night before the wedding.  The dress code was casual chic and the weather was really nice and fairly warm.  Shorts seemed to be the perfect answer to my usual what to wear dilemma.  I was ready for a fun night!


I was very excited about my look.  My only issue was that I bought my Zoe Karssen tee a little big to wear with skinny jeans.  I wish it were a bit tighter with shorts, but I'll live.  I brought my black boyfriend blazer in case I got chilly.  It was a fab evening!


Meanwhile, I decided to put some old fashion design skills to use... I was very excited about my dress, but it would have been better if I hadn't waited until the last minute!  More on that tomorrow...


And, to attend a wedding on the beach in Fairfield, CT with a very talented and creative bride at the helm is priceless!  A perfect day doesn't hurt either...




                                                                                                                                  - Allison

No comments:

Post a Comment