14.5.12

Outfit Idea: Neon Brights

Nothing beats the rainy day blues like a healthy dose of bright yellow.  I absolutely love this color, but it is so hard to find.  I recently found a fantastic of shorts in the most perfect shade of neon yellow/green, and now I can't stop wearing them.  Seriously, it is becoming a problem.

Besides the color, I have a new found obsession with shorts.  They really are perfect for running around town.  The only kicker is finding a pair that are not too short and not too long.  I can honestly say that it is next to impossible to find cute shorts with an inseam of 4 inches (my desired length) without spending a fortune.  When I discovered these Double Serge shorts at J.Crew, I had to have them ASAP.  Besides being perfect, they are a great weight and can be dressed up or down.  I'll prove it on Friday's post...



Back to my day look - I am off on an adventure in NYC this afternoon, so I thought that a chic shorts ensemble would be just right.  I added my denim shirt and my Viv's... I also love pointy toe flats with shorts.


I was ready to go and then it started raining... really hard.  I got soaked while picking my little one up at school... ugh!  


Goodbye cute flats.  Hello, wellies and pearls.  Oh well, I still love my neon shorts.

                                     
                                                                                                                                - Allison
*Photo courtesy of jcrew.com.

No comments:

Post a Comment