11.5.12

Outfit Idea: Shifting Day to Night

Today's ensemble consists of a few of my favorite things... the shift dress (the most versatile dress), leopard print and my Viv's.  The story behind this one is that I needed a daytime look that was chic and comfortable, but I didn't want to look like I was trying to hard.  The same night I had a very fun dinner that I wanted to dress up for, but again, didn't want to look like I was trying too hard.  In other words, I wanted to look and feel like me - just not in jeans.

I started sorting through some old jewelry for some inspiration for my nighttime look, and eventually came across a great pair of earrings from a very long time ago.  Totally perfect!  And, when one wears green earrings, there is no better complement than leopard print.  Problem being, do I go with a bag or shoes???  Since I had my leopard heels on the brain, I opted for the shoes.



Once the accessories were decided upon, I just had to come up with the actual clothing.  I mulled it over for a bit and went with my LWD... I just love that dress.  It turned out to be the perfect choice.  My daytime outfit was a no brainer... white shift, my Viv's (in other words, the most perfect pointy toe flats), sunnies, a trench and a colorful bag.  Done and done!



The ease and versatility of the shift made for a hassle-free transition to my nighttime look.



Added my denim trench for some contrast, and I was out the door... 



                                                                                                            - Allison


No comments:

Post a Comment