8.5.12

Outfit Idea: Audrey & the Vintage Tee

Due to some crummy weather lately, I have been wearing my jeans a lot.  So much that I am starting to get a bit tired of dark denim.  I even pulled out my "vintage" sevens (thankfully they fit, or that would have been another story completely!) to change things up a bit.  Yesterday I woke up and just couldn't do it.  I had to wear something else.

I started digging through my closet, waiting for inspiration to strike... and sure enough, it did!  I yanked out my trusty Minnie pants and suddenly got very excited.  My Minnie's always make me want to channel Audrey Hepburn.  How can you not think of Audrey when wearing black ankle-length skinny pants?  It's just like Jackie O, white jeans and Jack Rogers or peanut butter & jelly... they just go together.



I decided the perfect complement would be my new "rock n roll" tee and a different pair of pearls (a much chunkier pair!).






And, then I just needed a jacket or sweater of some sort... I pulled out a sweater jacket from J.Crew.  I have had this for years (it worked really well when I was pregnant).  I loved it for this ensemble due to the styling... it gives me the feeling of the ladylike feeling of the late fifites/early sixties - the neckline has a slight funnel shape, it has large buttons and 3/4 length sleeves.

(P.S. Sometimes your head gets cut off when your daughter takes your picture...)


The perfect outfit for a lunch date, a meeting, pickup or the playground!


                                                                                                                  - Allison

No comments:

Post a Comment