30.4.12

Outfit Idea: Blue Suede Shoes for Work or Play

As I mentioned in Friday's post, I had a busy weekend and was feeling a little stuck regarding what to wear.  I decided to start with an item I love, my blue suede shoes, and built from the ground up.  I also found myself at the mall Friday afternoon, and fell in love with this Zoe Karssen Tee at Club Monaco (yes, I immediately thought to wear it with pearls).  

I started calling this shirt my rock n roll tee because I would love to wear with with skinny leather pants.  However it almost May and I do not own skinny black leather pants, so my dark toothpick ankle jeans will have to work.  I forgot to mention that this shirt is a titch on the long side - it's covers your bum very nicely when wearing skinny pants.


My boyfriend blazer, leopard print clutch and pearls worked perfectly!


I had to throw in a "work" look just to prove blue shoes aren't only for nighttime wear.  They would look equally as fabulous going to work, a luncheon, a meeting... what have you.  This pencil skirt is from J.Crew.  It is a navy, ivory, coral/pink and almost a dull gold paisley pattern.  A perfect print for blue shoes...


I love the pop of color!  I am totally wearing this soon, but probably not to the playground...


I had to take a pic of myself sitting just to help you envision how fabulous you would look!  The classic white button down is the perfect complement for the shoes and shirt.  The only thing that would make this look better is the cobalt blue Tory Burch Robinson Satchel sitting right next to me or hanging from my arm... sigh.  Either way, blue shoes are the perfect way to pop a rather plain looking office ensemble.


                                    
                                                                                                                   - Allison



No comments:

Post a Comment