24.4.12

Trend Alert: New Nudes

I first spotted the most amazing pair of Sergio Rossi heels about a month ago.  Since then, I haven't been able to get these shoes out of my head.  The combination of the nude color, the rope, the sexy heel and gladiator styling makes these shoes edgy, but yet a certain amount of innocence remains.  The unfortunate part is that I know I will never be able to own them... just a titch to pricey for me.



Since then, I have been casually scouring the internet trying to find a a shoe that would take the place of the Opanca heels in my fantasies.  I have not been able to find a direct replacement, but I was pleasantly surprised by the amount of really cool neutral shoes available right now.  It got me thinking that while I may not be able to live out my ensemble fantasies with the Sergio Rossi shoe, there are plenty of other shoes that will be just as much fun.

I focused on the nude heel, due to the fact that it is much less threatening than a black or colorful shoe.  Much of the time the nude shoe fades into the background as your clothes take the stage, which makes it the perfect shoe to "experiment" with... you can test new styles without anyone really noticing.  However, the more fun you do have with your shoes, the more interesting your entire look will be without the shoe stealing the show.

Without further ado, let me introduce you to some fabulous heels that you may want to take for a test drive this spring.












If heels aren't really your thing, there are plenty of slight wedge and flat options as well...







Remember to take advantage of the warmer temps and have a little fun with your shoes.  You won't regret it!


                                                                                                                             - Allison
*Photos courtesy of barneys.com, piperlime.com, toryburch.com, jcrew.com.








No comments:

Post a Comment