1.6.12

Trend Alert: The New Wrap

It all started with this shoe...



I became obsessed with the Tibi Amber Heel (in every color combination available) due to its elegance, but more importantly the ankle strap.  I absolutely love how the ankle strap doubled (which gave it a little extra weight), while it perfectly sat on the ankle the way a bracelet sits on one's wrist.  The effect is refreshing and a little sexy.  

I love the idea of wearing these heels with a gorgeous pair of lace shorts...



I kept thinking and daydreaming about the ankle-wrap.  I love the freshness of the look.  It is also a great way to add a little edge, but is still very feminine.  I am now wholeheartedly obsessed with this style.  As with all of my loves, I had to start scouring the interenet to see what was out there...

There is the flat ankle-wrap...  the Cole Haan Kimry Sandal.  I love the python print!  One, its fun.  And, two, it is versatile and nudeish (i.e. it won't make your legs look stumpy!).


These be so cute with a short summer dress...


I also fell in love with these J.litvack York Sandals.  They are a bit more delicate, yet still have some weight (which helps with keeping them look very current) and give you a little lift with a one inch wedge.





I love the idea of wearing them with either a midi length or asymmetrical hem...




And then you have the Madewell Whistlestop Sandal.  I have personally tried these on and love them!  They are the perfect everyday sandal to give your flip flops a much needed break!




These sandals would look great with everything.  However, if I were going to wear them as an everyday sandal, they would be the perfect complement to a bright pair of shorts...


Ankle-wrap sandals are a definite must have this summer.  There has been quite a sandal drought for some time (hence the heavy reliance on the flip flop), but this summer sandals are back with a bang.  These are just some of my personal faves.  I guarantee that the right one is out there waiting for you!

                                                                                                         
                                                                                                                         - Allison

*Photos courtesy of tibi.com, netaporter.com, shopbop.com, colehaan.com, endless.com, jcrew.com.








No comments:

Post a Comment