12.6.12

Revisiting the LWD: A Summer Essential

As my life gets more and more hectic, I am all about simplifying my wardrobe.  I want to look good, but I don't want to spend hours agonizing over what to wear.  In keeping with my new summer theme of getting back to basics, I revisited my LWD over the weekend.

I was trying to figure out what to wear to an afternoon/early evening party and thought my white shift would be perfect (plus it had sleeves, which is a bonus on a chillier day).  I wanted my outfit to be fun, but not too dressy... I guess you would say I was going for "casual chic".

As I started to mull over accessories, it occurred to me how easy it is to change the personality of your look with a simple change in jewelry and shoes.  Just like the white tee, a great fitting white dress is the perfect canvas for many different looks.  Let's just say that the LWD is an essential piece for your summer wardrobe.


Option 1 -  I add my favorite frog necklace for some color and fun.  I will keep it sophisticated with the nude sandal.   My "luncheon look"...



 


Option 2 -  More preppy chic... navy pearls and Jack Rogers.  My "beach club look"...




Option 3 -  A tad more edgy. but still preppy... my "Palm Springs look".




I love the simplicity.  I love classic pieces that are made well, fit well and that you can wear again and again and no one will be the wiser.  Next time you are deciding between the really cool print dress that you won't be able to wear too many times or the basic dress, make sure you have the basic dress first.  Then you can add in the fun, fashionable pieces.  


                                                                                                           - Allison



No comments:

Post a Comment