30.3.12

Outfit Idea: The Striped "Sweatshirt"

On a quick sprint through J. Crew last week, I grabbed one of my best purchases to date... the black & ivory striped "Back-Zip Long Sleeve Pullover".

The stripe caught my eye immediately.  Outfit ideas went zipping through my head, and I realized that I must have this top.  There is something about this color combo that adds an instant chicness to any ensemble, plus it goes with everything.  The sweatshirt material and styling is pretty cool too.  Something a bit different and fun, while the slim fit and zipper in the back dress it up.







I immediately wore it out to dinner with jeans and my blue suede shoes... from last week's post.


I turned around (the next day... shhh!) and wore it with my boyfriend jeans and a pair of tortoiseshell peep toe pumps.  Then I threw it on to run errands with skinny jeans and leopard print flats.  It is just so easy to work with... and very comfortable.  I have also discovered that you really don't have to accessorize much with this top.  Simple jewelry (maybe one bold piece) is the best way to go.

As far as new ideas, I am hoping to add a pair of green ankle length jeans to my wardrobe soon... they will be perfect with my striped sweatshirt and flats or heels.  The Toothpick Jean from J. Crew (where else?!) would be perfect!



This sweatshirt would also be great with black pants, shorts or over a swimsuit.  I am also contemplating wearing it with my "fancy pants"...  I'll accessorize with black patent pointy toe pumps and an oversized clutch.




Perfect for a night out, don't you think?



                                                                                                           - Allison


*Photos courtesy of jcrew.com.






No comments:

Post a Comment