2.3.12

The Perfect Bootie: Western meets Lady Chic

I have been looking for the perfect brown bootie for about... forever!  I never seem to have a problem finding something in black.  In fact, I would have at least 20 pairs of black booties - varying in heel height and style - if my budget allowed.  But brown, I can never find anything that jumps out at me (that I can afford!).  

To clarify, I do have my Frye cowboy booties.  They are great.  I wear them almost everyday with just about everything, but I desperately need something with a heel that I can dress up more.  The times that I have found something that I loved, it is not feasible with my budget.  Then I am left to daydream... 

After years of agonizing over my bootie situation, I finally felt like I had discovered gold.  Why?  Madewell introduced "the old town boot" back in January and I immediately fell in love.  I have been crushing on these booties since I first laid eyes on them.  They are the perfect mix of cowboy and lady chic - I love myself a pointy toe!  



I know my affinity for classic/boho/cowboy style is not everyone's cup of tea, but these booties really are a great solution for many dresses that need to dressed down a bit (so you can wear them more often).  I kid you not, they would look fab with a bunch of different dresses...

Go casual with Madewell's Roseblossom Sundress.


Go feminine and chic with DVF's Claudia Floating Flowers Dress.


Everyone needs a little lace this spring. A western "ish" boot would look so fresh...  J.Crew's Frances Dress.


I would live out my bohemian fantasies in the DVF Penelope Embellished Dress with the booties.


Just wondering... how much do you think your father's personal style influences you as an adult?  My dad had a penchant for cowboy boots - they seemed to be his shoe of choice.  Keep in mind we lived nowhere near a farm or Texas.  Hmmm...


                                        - Allison
*Photos courtesy of madewell.com, dvf.com and jcrew.com.

                                                                                                                                                                         




No comments:

Post a Comment