5.3.12

The Grandma Skirt Makes a Comeback

As Spring quickly approaches, the anticipation is killing me.  I find it so much more fun to get dressed when the chill in the air is gone... you can wear flats without freezing, skirts without tights and all of your fun jackets and blazers can be put back into rotation again.  Sadly, we are not quite there yet.  Until then I am desperately trying to rework what is currently in my closet...

This morning the sun is shining bright and I am feeling the need to dress up.  But, it is still cold so I need layers.  I have set my sights on my ivory Madewell (Alexa Chung) Grandma Skirt, which I love.  It hasn't been worn in awhile due to rain and crummy weather.  Today is a perfect day for a maxi skirt.



I'm not going anywhere today that requires heels or a more professional look, so I can have fun with my outfit.  But I am taking the girls to school, standing at the playground and heading to a playdate.  Therefore, I have to keep it sort of simple... I suppose.

So I will add my two favorite neutrals.  I love grey and camel together.


My favorite Frye booties pair nicely...


Voilà!  I just want to twirl when I put on this skirt...


To finish off my look, I will add Grace (peeking from behind), some big crystal earrings and my big gold cocktail ring that I love!  Oh, and I can't forget my fur vest.

Ready to hit the playground!



                                                                                                                             - Allison



No comments:

Post a Comment