11.8.11

Winter Kate & Isabel Marant... a Winning Combo!

It all started with a boot...


Isabel Marant's Dicker Boot... sigh.  To say that I am in love with this boot is an understatement.  Obsessed might be a better word!  Well, when I found out that I was going to LA to meet Rachel Zoe and Ken Downing, the first thing that popped into my head was how perfect these boots would be on this trip!  With transition season upon us, this is the best style of shoe to get you through this in-between time and beyond.

This shoe obsession is in combination with my slight fixation on maxis (dresses or skirts, it doesn't really matter).  Therefore, the first place I thought to look for a new dress (or two) was Winter Kate.  For those of you not familiar with Winter Kate, it is the fabulous clothing line created by Nicole Richie.  This brand is full of vintage inspired pieces plus a touch of bohemian flair with a touch of rocker edge.  I have been in love with this line from day one, but have not really been able to justify a purchase... until now.

Well, I discovered the Waterwillow Dress (available this fall)...


... and I fell in love.  I swear it is screaming to be worn all year round.  Add a scarf, a lightweight sweater, a chunky knit, maybe a some faux fur down the road... it is just what I have dreaming about!  And, I love the color!  

This is a perfect transition piece for fall.  I can wear it with flip flops in the torturous summer heat, and when the temp dips a bit, I am going to add my Dicker boots and a mohair blend sweater (the one pictured is from Wilt)... 


To finish off my look, I need a necklace or two (and probably a gold chain of mine)... from House of Harlow 1960 (Nicole Richie's accessory line).  First we have the Sunburst Pendant Necklace...


... add to that the Medallion Locket Necklace.  The perfect long necklace for my long & layered look!


This is fabulous!  Very me... something that I would not only wear in LA, but maybe everyday after that as well!  Now that my daytime outfit is figured out (pray for cooler weather!), what am I going to wear to the cocktail party?!

In sticking with my beloved Winter Kate, I happened to find two dresses from the spring that are still available!  I loved them when I first saw them, but did not have a reason to buy them... now I do!

These dresses are not only exactly my style, but they also work perfectly with my newest obsession... fun, colorful booties.  You see, I am slightly infatuated with the idea of wearing a long, flowing dress with a fun bootie (whether it is a bright color or print) peeking out from the hem.  Not to mention the endless possibilities of wearing the maxi and the bootie later on.

The hard part is that I have to pick one... there is the Passenger Dress in Hibiscus Floral...


... paired with the Isabel Marant Cleane Bootie (I adore!).



 But, then there is the Kimono Dress in Grey Floral...


... paired with the Isabel Marant Cleane Bootie (this one makes me feel a little more rock 'n roll!).


Decisions, decisions.  What is a girl to do?! 


                                        - Allison


*photos courtesy of netaporter.com, Winter Kate, shopbop.com, shopthetrendboutique.com, polyvore.com

No comments:

Post a Comment