5.8.11

A Source of Inspiration

After attending a fabulous blogger breakfast at the Paramus Neiman Marcus last weekend, I have a new daydream.  It starts off with me sipping coffee, lazily eating my yogurt parfait, checking out what's new on flipboard (my fave ipad app)... all while sitting in the beautiful Rotunda restaurant.  (Note - this daydream definitely requires a babysitter!)  Once I finish, I grab my camera and moleskin notebook, throw on my fabulous messenger bag (still looking for the right one), and head off into the store.

fab group of NJ bloggers

me & Jean... she is the tweeter for NM (among other things!)

I may not be able to buy anything, but a girl can dream.  First, I stop off in the whimsical home accessory world.  Color, giant paper flowers, lots of greenery to add warmth... a little eccentric, but lovely.  It is full interesting pieces... a great place to find a gift or something unique for your own home.  Then there is the designer level... Valentino, Badgley Mischka, Gucci, Chanel... need I say more?!  It is so much fun to walk through this area and take in all of the beauty.  The design, fabric, patterns, tailoring.... gorgeous!  The perfect place to identify trends, take pictures and get some great ideas for my own wardrobe as well as future posts!







Then, it is down the escalator to the contemporary department... love!  A little DVF, Tory Burch, Joie, Elizabeth & James and don't forget Rachel Zoe!  I die!  This is my favorite department.  As much as I love the designer level, this is more accessible (for me, that is).  And, it is definitely easy to spot the trends.  Whether it is all of the bow blouses (do you have yours?), the remnants of colorful denim or the beginnings of faux fur, there is something for everyone.  Probably the coolest thing on this floor, aside from the amazing clothes, is the monolith.  The monolith is a superb sculpture and part of Neiman's art collection.  Did you know that they sold art?!

the debut of the Rachel Zoe collection

RZ cape... must have!

RZ dress... love!  Many ways to wear this...

some Tory Burch accessories...

cute cropped Burberry toggle coat

cute Burberry cape... I see a trend starting...

the Monolith
Moving on to the first floor, we have beauty, sunglasses, jewelry, handbags and shoes.  In other words, heaven!  The best part about this floor, aside from all of the most coveted brands, are the salespeople.  Full of knowledge and experience, they are the perfect resource when in doubt about making a large purchase (or should I say investment?!).  And, if you just want to look at yourself in the mirror holding an oversized Balenciaga bag, they understand, no worries!  Oh, and I did forget the men's department.  It is excellent, and I love the shoes!

jewels... sigh!

shoes...
a NM men's salesperson posing for the paparazzi
men's shoes... not too shabby!

As my daydream comes to a close (however, I do end up buying a Chanel bag before it is over), and I head back to reality, I am happy that I got to experience Neiman Marcus last weekend.  It is a completely different store than I what I had always envisioned.  It is three stories of beauty and smiles.  I can't wait to check it out again in a few weeks to see what is new... most definitely a good source of inspiration!

evening dresses... a destination at Paramus NM!

lots of sparkle this season...

                                           - Allison

No comments:

Post a Comment