19.2.11

Tibi Fall 2011 = Fabulous

Let me just start by saying that I loved this show!  I have been a fan for a long time, however, I feel like I only think of Tibi when I am looking for a fun dress to wear to an event/party/night out/wedding.  In my world most of these clothes are not very practical for everyday wear.  Not anymore!  Tibi has been known for their very vivid print dresses for a long time, but has started to depart from this look (just a bit) and concentrate more on separates.  This can be seen in their Spring 2011 line, but even more so in the Fall show.  And, they have done a fantastic job!








The show started with neutrals and a pop of pink (love!)  I really could picture myself wearing most of what was shown.  Then the collection moved into dressier looks with laces, prints, a little gold... still sleek and elegant, but interesting.  There was still a lot of layering as well as mixing & matching of different textures and fabrics.  I guess one of the most important things about the collection is that it fell new enough to make you feel like you needed to purchase these looks for the Fall.  I found myself picking out pieces, thinking about how I must have that and how it would fit perfectly into my current wardrobe.  Overall, the collection was fairly simple - nothing was overdone - with ankle-length pants and longer hemlines (which was very refreshing) and I loved every minute of it!

I tried to take pictures, but I am still learning... so there are also a few of my favorites courtesy of tibi.com.








                          - Allison










No comments:

Post a Comment