18.7.12

Outfit Idea: Wear now, Wear later

Maxi dresses and I... we're like peanut butter & jelly.  Inseparable.  When it comes to a style that is versatile, chic and elegant, I immediately think of the maxi.  Not just for dressing up, they are a great "go to" for everyday as well.

Lately, I have begun to think about transitioning into fall (hard to believe, right!), but it will be here before you know it.  This has led me to debating which are the best styles to purchase now to get the most bang for my buck (i.e. wear now, wear later).  After much deliberation, I have put the maxi at the top of my list.

With that being said, there are obviously some maxis that are not conducive for transition while others are perfect.  This also depends on your lifestyle.  I decided to google some images for layering maxis and found several to use for inspiration...  Whether you are working in the city or carting kids around in your suburban all day, there is a style for you.







My ideal wardrobe would be a closet full of gorgeous floor grazing maxis.  However, that is not always the best choice for mobility or layering.  And, there are many beautiful maxis out there, so it makes these decisions all very difficult.  

My advice is to start simple.  As always, you should start with the basics and build from there... therefore, no fuss dresses are the best way to start.  I found a fab Rachel Pally dress at Shopbop that was styled for a "wear now, wear later" story.  Love, love, love these looks.  It is great for inspiration.

This is perfect for a night out.


This is a great look for the weekend.



And, for the Fall... love!


Plus, maxis are much more comfy than jeans!

                                                                                                                                  - Allison

*Photos courtesy of google and shopbop.com.




No comments:

Post a Comment