27.7.12

Outfit Idea: Sweet & Sassy

Around this time every year, the heat starts to get me.  I find myself going through my cooler weather clothes and daydreaming about cool breezes and 50 degree temps.  I don't know why I torture myself...  We still have many very hot and humid days left this summer, so I would be much better off incorporating some of my long lost friends into looks that I can wear now versus coming up with ideas for October.

I have been missing my very best friends... my blue suede shoes.  In the height of summer, I just don't  have a need for them.  It's all about flip flops all of the time.  Therefore, I decided putting together a summer look for night out would be just what I needed.  


Since I'm daydreaming, I am going to include this beauty from J. Crew that I have been crushing on for several months... the Flower Lattice Necklace.  


I love all of the colors used in this necklace.  The use of the cobalt blue and the turquoise gave me an idea... teal and cobalt blue.  I have a sneaking suspicion that this will be big this fall.  I found this Diesel tank (on sale).  A good canvas for the necklace...


Now for a pair of cute shorts... lace shorts are a style that I have wanted to purchase, just never did.  These Sam & Lavi Addison Lace Shorts at Madewell would be perfect!



Perfect!  Just need a bag...  since this ensemble is all about color, why not?  My favorite "go to" clutch just happens to come in pink.  The Clare Vivier Fold Over Clutch...


Now I just need to buy it...

                                           - Allison
*Photos courtesy of jcrew.com, madewell.com, shopbop.com and ssense.com.



No comments:

Post a Comment