2.3.11

An Effortlessly Chic Day at the Hamptons

I was recently asked where the inspiration comes from for the outfits that I put together on my website.  And, honestly, it comes from all over the place.  Sometimes the weather inspires me, a group of colors in nature, a photograph, a song, a very cool piece of clothing or just the idea of attending a specific event... it really depends on the day.  So, I thought that I would try to share with everyone the inspiration behind one of my outfits...

The most important thing to know is that I am completely taken with maxi dresses and skirts right now... a slight maxi obsession!  Then, when it was warm enough to open my car windows not too long ago, I became very excited for summer dressing.  I also happened upon some photos of Tory Burch's home and became totally obsessed with her use of color!  



Then I found this Tory Burch dress, which I am completely in love with... subdued color - more my style...


This dress got me thinking about the casual chicness of the Hamptons... polo matches, shopping, the beach, cool little restaurants...








With all of these images floating through my head (and some that I dreamed up), I thought about what would be a great outfit that I could wear and look very chic in the Hamptons... The dress is a good base. It can be dressed up or down, and I am definitely all about versatility.  I also thought about adding more color or pattern, but that is not me.  I like things that are more understated, so I chose an outfit with a little color mixed with neutrals.  I also decided on more of a daytime look (it would take me further)... I paired the Tory Burch dress with an Acne anorak J.Crew shoes and handbag, an Alexis Bittar ring, a Cartier tank watch (of course!) and I almost forgot a pair of MJB aviators...




Supposed to be in grey, but the image is no longer available.




                                      - Allison



*photos courtesy of Francois Halard for Vogue and Elle, Yatzer.com, newyorkgossipgirl.com, tripadvisor.com, chichisummer.com, netaporter.com, jcrew.com, alexisbittar.com, google.com and nordstrom.com.


No comments:

Post a Comment