24.8.10

The Essential Transition Piece for Right Now...

Well, I think everyone knows about my obsession with J.Crew, and it is with good reason.  Everytime I start to look around for a specific item that I need to complete a look for myself or a client, J.Crew always seems to have the perfect piece!  
Once again, they did not disappoint!  I was looking for a fairly basic dress.  Something that I could dress up or down... wear with flip flops out and about with my kids, appropriate for the Cape (ie. ability to be preppy/nautical looking) and can be dressed up for a night out in the city.  The other requirement is that I must be able to wear it into the Fall, since it is already the middle of July.  Then, out of the blue, I get an email... enter the Marlie dress...
I got very excited because it is perfect!  A simple shift with a racerback detail (adds interest) and is silk (dresses it up).  This is what I call a fabulous foundation piece... the options are endless!  As an example of some the fun things that you can do with this dress, check out the pictures above (all courtesy of J.Crew)... you can dress it down with a boyfriend style shirt & gold topsiders or dress it up with  a leather jacket and cute heels!
If you are looking for a great transition piece, take a look and remember to have fun with it!
*Update... pictures wouldn’t transfer from my old site... check them out at my Style Blog.
                                        - Allison
*photos courtesy of J.Crew

No comments:

Post a Comment