7.9.12

NYFW: Stand Out Look

New York Fashion Week is back.  With that comes the barrage of street style shots, celebrity pics and descriptions of what every editor and buyer is wearing... literally a play by play.  That's before we even get to the actual shows being presented.  Everyone will be donning their chic Fallish looks vying for those coveted street style shots.

I can't wait to see what everyone is wearing... peplums, leather leggings, pencil skirts, tailored jackets...  oooh, the competition will be fierce.  That led me to think about what I would wear.  How would I make my mark on NYFW?  I suppose I would start by taking a completely different approach.

Think about it... it's still summer, it's hot and you don't want to be trying so hard that you are completely uncomfortable.  As many know I love dresses, especially dresses that can be worn many different ways.  With this in mind, wouldn't toughening up a white dress be the perfect option?

I came across this Alexander Wang Slip Dress that would be absolutely perfect.  Simple, versatile and forgiving... it should be a staple for everyone (now we just need someone to knock it off!).


The key question is how would you accessorize it?  I am thinking tough yet ladylike...

Alexis Bittar Siyabona Cushion Pendant Necklace

Alexis Bittar Bel Air Sculptural Cuff




Rachel Rachel Roy Tarrah Peep Toe Bootie
3.1 Phillip Lim 31 Hour Bag

If I were to get chilly, I would just throw a jacket over my shoulders...

Rachel Zoe Lou Double Breasted Jacket
Fresh, fun and chic.  Done and done.

                                                                                                             - Allison


*Photos courtesy of alexanderwang.com, shopbop.com and rachelroy.com.






No comments:

Post a Comment