24.9.12

Can't take the country out of the girl...

You can take the girl out of the country, but you can't take the country out of the girl.  Okay, I may have grown up in Ohio, but it was in a suburb.  Not as country as those who have teased would like to think, but those farm jokes never get old.

However, I did grow up with a father who would have liked to believe that he was a transplanted cowboy.  Therefore, he always added a touch of country to his most suave ensembles... usually in the form of cowboy boots.  I never really put two and two together until just recently.  I don't think that it is any accident that most of the boots I own have a western flair.

The cowboy thing, my addiction to J. Crew, my undying love for dresses and dressing up makes for a very interesting take on the trends.  A perfect example would be my recent dinner ensemble.  It was my anniversary last week (eight years!), and on this very stormy evening Greg (the hubs) and I decided to take our girls out to dinner.... we couldn't get a sitter.

My need to dress up, the rain and the fact that G&E were joining us, led me to an ensemble that even had Greg making comments.  Men!  Will they ever understand?

I started with a very poofy, taffeta J. Crew miniskirt.  There she is...




I added a pinch of preppy (Tippi sweater), a touch of elegance (jewelry) and whole lot of western flair (Frye boots and belt).



Drenching rain, some cocktails and very well-behaved daughters resulted in a fun evening and terrible looking hair!




I am starting to think that it isn't just a coincidence that Emma adores her pink cowboy boots...




                                                                                                                                     - Allison

No comments:

Post a Comment