13.8.12

Outfit Idea: The Peplum Takes Manhattan

After researching fab peplum looks for my post last week, I had to take this trend out for my own test drive.  I bought the Anthro Ponte Peplum Tank, and I love it.  I had the perfect plan for this super cute top...


Since we were headed into the city to watch the Bengals vs Jets (I am an Ohio girl) preseason game and down to the village, I didn't want to look too ladylike.  I had to add a bit of edge.  I mixed my snakeskin pumps, my Tory Burch skinny jeans with a distressed metallic touch...


I loved my look, but I was missing something... I added a mixed metal necklace.  It always comes in handy when my ensemble becomes a little too nice.


My Sis and I hanging out for the game.  By the way, those shrunken cardis that you have hung onto over the years are perfect for layering over your peplum.  I used a very old Jackie cardigan.


We headed down memory lane in the village.  A stop at the Peculier Pub.


Then a stop at Kenny's Castaways...


Nothing like a little a Steel Dragon... a la Marky Mark in Rockstar.  I felt like this was right out of the movie.


All in all a fun night.  My peplum was perfect.  I am off to find more versions of this must have trend.


                                               - Allison


No comments:

Post a Comment