18.11.11

The Swan - a new classic?!

You may or may not be aware that I am a huge Twilight fan.  I admit it, I fell hard for the Bella/Edward/Jacob love story and have read Breaking Dawn twice (yes, I am a dork!).  To say that I am excited to see the book played out on the big screen might just be the understatement of the year!

As far as fashion goes, the Twilight movies have never been much to talk about... Bella is not interested in fashion at all, and Alice "the fashionable one" never really appears to be all that chic (and is always wearing some sort of strange choker necklace).  It was to my delight (and every other fashion loving twihard) that Breaking Dawn is putting a bit more importance on fashion. It was just announced this summer that Carolina Herrera designed what is destined to be a very famous wedding dress (Kate who???).  And, none other than Manolo Blahnik created the wedding shoe.


Amazingly enough, the dress has not been photographed or leaked (as far as I know).  The only images available are those from the trailer, and they are such a tease!  The anticipation is killing me.  The only information that I have gathered is that it took 6 months to design, and Herrera took into consideration the description in the book as well as the personality of the bride... hmmm.



However, every cloud has a silver lining... the shoe, otherwise known as the "Swan", can be yours today!  The Swan is part of Blahnik's Resort 2012 collection.  It is a satin stiletto with a gorgeous crystal-beaded vine appliqué available in a white, cranberry or black.  The NMdaily posed the question- "Could this be the next Something Blue (aka the Carrie Bradshaw shoe)?"  My thought is... if a blue Swan shoe is made, I am sold!





                       
                                            - Allison
*Photos courtesy of twilightsaga.com and neimanmarcus.com.


No comments:

Post a Comment