17.11.10

I am totally Carrie & I am going to Saks!

This may have to do with the fact that I watched Sex & the City 2 yesterday, either way I am going with it... I felt like I was channeling Carrie Bradshaw last night!  Some might say that I was a bit more Charlotte, but I beg to differ.  Since this discussion could be a post by itself, I better get to my point...

Last night, my Fashion & Finance cohort, spoke at the New York Junior League meeting.  They had their own F & F night in conjunction with Saks Fifth Avenue (I guess we were on to something!).    *Alright, here we are at my Carrie moment... all dressed up, a great event, drinks with the ladies, plus a little time for myself to walk the streets for some inspiration... this couldn't be better!*    And now, back to my story... the F & F event started with my friend, who is a fantastic speaker as well as a very knowledgeable financial advisor.  Then the ladies from Saks spoke... yay!  I love anything to do with fashion!!!

First, I was very interested to learn that Saks has taken on a new initiative to really let people know that they aren't just a high end department store... they are also a "go to" for affordable products and gifts.  I think that this is a great idea as well as very smart move in times like these... people like to buy luxury goods, but they also like to spend wisely and want quality products at affordable prices.  Saks is offering everything from hostess gifts in the $20-$30 range (chocolate shoes, greats soaps, candles... even ornaments) to great ideas for kids that are under $50, as well as fantastic suggestions for the special man in your life (all price ranges!).  I have now learned that I can buy all of my presents at Saks, and I just discovered that they are offering free shipping through Thursday.  Even if you aren't ready to make your purchases in the next two days, I am confident that there will be other free shipping incentives before Christmas. 

Mirror & Pouch... love it!
Fur Trapper Hat... fun, warm & luxurious!
If this wasn't enough, then the women's fashion director of Saks, who has recently been to all of the shows... NY, Paris, London, Milan... I die!, gave us some insight into the trends for Spring 2011.  Now I want to go into this further in another post, but let's just say that Tory Burch was right on the money!  In general, the '70's were a big influence... easy dressing, fit & flare pants, new "midi" lengths, the peasant blouse & dress (belted, of course)... overall some refreshing changes to look forward to this Spring!  




One more exciting piece of news... Saks is unveiling it's holiday windows on Monday!  I have heard they are going to be completely fabulous!!!  Definitely a "must see" this holiday season, so remember to check them out when you head in to see the tree!

                            - Allison
*Note to self... some "to do's"...
       - stick to your holiday budget
       - consolidate your shopping... try Saks
       - start your Spring "must have" list
       - go into the city more... it is only 20 miles away!




*Photos of mirror & hat, courtesy of saksfifthavenue.com

No comments:

Post a Comment