7.2.13

The Gym to Drinks & Everywhere In Between

I have finally come to terms with the fact that I am a soccer mom.  I'm not quite sure when this transformation occurred... however, I guess the car magnet for my daughter's soccer team was a good clue.  Can't be more literal than that, right?!

Over the past few months I have started to embrace this new stage of life.  I stopped fighting the fact that I don't need to get dressed to the nine's on a daily basis.  I love my ballet bootcamp class, and as I sit here typing this I may or may not be still wearing my gym clothes... shhhh.  Most of the time, my schedule revolves around school, and looking good has started to come second to staying warm at pick up.  I have realized that this time is fleeting, and I am happy to be able to spend so much of it with my girls.

With that being said, that does not mean that I don't care about how I look.  Rather, it has started me on a quest to find the best gym clothes that can crossover into my daily life.  I have been through some trial and error - I tend to buy a lot of things on sale (hello, neon pink leggings), and now I can share a couple secrets with you...

First up, the Runder Under Pant from Lululemon.  This purchase came about due to the fact that I needed something warm to wear under my ski pants, and something to excercise in on cold days (they are brushed on the inside, so a bit warmer than your typical legging).  I had starting venturing into the Lulu world and love their stuff.  They quality really is worth the price (especially if you are living in your workout gear).  Anywho, this is one of my best purchases to date.


I literally live in these pants.  I can wear them for running, as a casual legging on a daily basis or with boots on a night out (just did that one last night).  They are so versatile, it is a-mah-zing!  When thinking about what to pack for an upcoming ski weekend, I don't need any other pants... just a couple of pairs of runder unders and I will be all set.

Then there comes the perfect cami.  I ended my search after I found the Sweaty Betty Ballerina Yoga Cami.  It is ruched and stretchy and oh-so-cute!  This tank is longer and yes, it looks great at the gym, but is perfect for layering.  I like to wear mine with everything, seriously.  I think I might need a few more...


Together, these two pieces make a perfect pair.  A fab base layer to stay warm and chic this winter.

As a final thought, I love the promotional shots from Sweaty Betty.  They are such great inspirations for a casual cool look. And, who doesn't secretly want to look like a ballerina.


What is your casual "go to"?


                                                                                                                - Allison

*Images courtesy of lululemon.com and sweatybetty.com.


No comments:

Post a Comment